Meet The Founder
• 25 YEARS of GOLF TEACHING and COACHING EXPERIENCE
• TOP 100 GOLF INSTRUCTOR 2010-2021 W.G.T.F.
• DIRECTOR of INSTRUCTION “A SWING FOR LIFE” GOLF ACADEMY
• Pres. - SCOTT GREENS GOLF CLUB Inc.
*Greg Steinberg MASTER CERTIFICATION in GOLF PSYCHOLOGY*
• READERS CHOICE AWARDS “BEST GOLF INSTRUCTOR “2015-2016-2017-2018-2019-2020”
• ASFL COLLEGE GOLF WORKSHOP * SCHOLARSHIPS given ANNUALLY
• OVER 100 1st AND 2nd TEAM ALL-REGIONAL GOLF ACADEMY STUDENTS
• INVENTOR of the PATENT PENDING “HZ” GOLF SWING TRAINER
• DIRECTOR of DRIVE-CHIP-PUTT LOCAL PRE-QUALIFIER
• INSTRUCTOR/PRODUCER -“30 - 7 - 5 DAY PYGO CHALLENGES” video series
• PROGRAM DIRECTOR-LACKAWANNA COUNTY GOLF CLINICS
• HEAD GOLF COACH- MID VALLEY HIGH SCHOOL (22 YEARS)
• SCRANTON TIMES HIGH SCHOOL GOLF COACH of the YEAR 2000
• LEAD SHORT GAME INSTRUCTOR- NORTHEAST GOLF SCHOOL
• PROGRAM DIRECTOR for SCOTT GREENS GOLF CLINICS
• PUBLISHED ARTICLES in GOLF TEACHING PRO MAGAZINE
• ANTHRACITE GOLF ASSOC. MEMBER
•MASTER T-GOLF INSTRUCTOR for STATE of PA.
• NATIONAL DIRECTOR for WORLD JR. GOLF SERIES
• CERTIFIED TEACHING MEMBER N.A.G.C.E. (NATIONAL ASSOC.GOLF COACHES)
• CO-INSTRUCTOR for SCRANTON TIMES GOLF VIDEO SERIES
"THE SWINGERS CLUB"
(Recent winner of associated press award for multi-media in sports)
• AUTHOR / PRODUCER of DVD "DRILL FREAK" INSTRUCTIONAL SERIES
I give over 1,000 private lessons every year using my proven golf system. The ASFL system
focuses on the hitting zone and impact position, based primarily on what the best players in the
world are doing in the "Hitting Zone", while building the swing from impact to the full-swing.
The program is easy to understand, promotes healthy positions throughout the swing and
develops a repeatable swing. The latest technology with video and launch monitor is used
to customize a lesson program in your very first lesson.
What to expect initially...
Game improvement is a collaborative process. It involves excellent communication between
instructor/coach and student. The thoughts you are offered should result in improved ball flight
and consistency. A set of drills for you to implement into your swing will be addressed during
this initial assessment, and a noticeable change in movement during your swing should begin to
evolve into the following:
EFFICIENT BODY MOVEMENT
BETTER BALL FLIGHT
As we move forward with your swing...
Keep in mind that when you are making swing changes, you are re-patterning a motor-learning
skill. You are attempting to alter “muscle memory” and create new patterns of movement that
will eventually result in enhanced motor skills and proper body movement which some may
regard as "new muscle memory". Desired performance comes with deliberate and consistent
practice – until the body feels the new pattern. Remember also that it will take dedication on
your part to help re-vamp your swing by doing the drills you will receive, practicing the
positions you will be taught, and by simply having the desire and passion to get better. I will be
patiently working with you through this process!!
I have felt your frustration...
I have had a love affair with golf for over 49 years. Having been involved in many types of
athletics, I figured I’d give golf a shot….then another and another, until I started to
"figure it out in the dirt", (basically, I practiced a lot). I then quickly became addicted to this
great sport. My passion for this game has led me down many interesting fairways, and meeting
very interesting people. Oh and yes, I've seen my share of hazards as well, but the thought of it
never altered the way I became a student, and then instructor of the game...and the learning
process still goes on. Simply put, the golf swing is a work in progress. "Knowledge is
power" in a golf swing, which is where I will help you!!
Scotty McAlarney A.K.A "The Drill Freak"
Scotty has studied the “mental approach” to golf written and taught by Dr Greg Steinberg, and holds a master certification of golf psychology from Dr. Steinberg.
Scotty - who was self-taught when playing as a top amateur player in the Northeast part of Pa.
credits Ben Hogan, Homer Kelley, Lynn Blake and Jim McLean as some of his early influences
on the golf swing.
Noted as being “the best swing coach” in the greater Northeast part of Pa., Scotty has continued
to play a vital role in the growth of the game. His passion for junior golf and getting the most out
of his golf students, is evident by their successes in both high school and collegiate golf.